- Malaysian nationality
- Able to read and write
- Aged 18 - 30 during application and has at least completed Form 5
- Single @ unmarried
- No criminal record or drug abuse
- Have never been trained in any public/private skills institute (EXCEPT candidates with Malaysian Skills Certificate (SKM) & Energy Commission Certificate (ST) intendeing to further studies)
- Committed and prepared to complete training provided and required to follow all rules & regulations.
- Applicants undergoing training at any training institutes and have not completed/received SKM certificate level 2/3 or 3/4 are not allowed to apply for the next level
- Applicants previously ejected/withdrawn from undergoing training at any public training institutes are not allowed to apply.
- All courses offered are administered according to the certification, level and duration as mentioned in the CERTIFICATION & LEVEL and COURSE DURATION column
- Only applications done online will be considered through http://www.kbs.gov.my or http://www.ekbs.gov.my
- Any errors or discrepancies done while filling the academic qualification results during the online application may result in applicant being discharged from ILKBS.
- Application results can be viewed at http://www.kbs.gov.my or http://www.ekbs.gov.my
- Accommodation and food expenses are borned by the Ministry of Youth & Sport throughout the whole duration of training.
- Applications without receiving reply after 3 months from review date are considered unsuccessful
- Students may be placed at any ILKBS around Malaysia
- Applicants are encouraged to visit any ILKBS during the advertisement period to gain fundamental exposure on the skills programs offered at each ILKBS
- Applicants found out to have submitted false particulars can be discharged from ILKBS
The Ministry reserves the rights to call and consider high-school graduate (completed Form 5) applicants to be interviewed. Course duration specified in the intake advert includes industrial training period for certain courses.